Vitiligo is a condition which causes irregular patches of skin pigments with light or dark color to form on the skin of the various parts of the body. Vitiligo could be genetic in nature and primarily is the reaction of skin problem which causes the pigments to lose in single or multiple areas of skin. Effects of vitiligo may extend to hair, eyes, or any mucous membrane in any part of the body. Although vitiligo is not at all a serious problem people suffering from it are very conscious about it and try to hide the unique colored areas of skin whenever possible. The Vitiligo recoloration offered by Msc is a very good option to camouflage the skin with appropriate skin color or simply get a cosmetic tattoo over the area which is affected by vitiligo.
- Vitiligo is a non contagious disease. Vitiligo could be genetic but it can also vary between an identical twin as even though they share same DNA they might have different environmental, geographic, stress, chemical interactions, food ..etc. The exact cause of vitiligo is not yet known however it is understood that our own bodily functions destroy melanocytes which creates the pigment and gives color to your skin.
- The cure for vitiligo has not yet been found despite various research and experiments performed by scientist internationally.
- The areas of the body most commonly affected by vitiligo include the arms, elbows, face, feet, hands, knees, lips, and genitalia. It can affect any area of the body including hair, ears or any mucous membranes.
Precaution of know how before the procedure
- The recoloration of the skin with vitiligo area to match the skin color is highly dependent on the professional's experience and knowledge of the pigment colors and the combinations used to develop it, dark skin coloration is easy to achieve compared to fair skin.
- The recoloration is nonwashable and involves implanting pigments directly to the dermal layer of the skin, however, the tattoo fades away due to natural body detoxification or immune function. Usually a healthy recoloration lasts for 2.5 to 5 years.
- The vitiligo spots keep spreading as time goes by depending on the various person and their own skin condition but the spreading continues as you age. Hence large areas with vitiligo should not be considered for recoloration.
- Our skin color changes with weather, climate, season and other factors like aging, chemical usage, food….etc due to which there are chances that there will be slight difference in the coloration and the skin due to which the recoloration would be mildly visible.
- Gender: Male or Female.
- Age 18 or above
- Males or females with small areas of Vitiligo affected skin.
- Candidate who are not allergic to getting tattoos or medical procedures involved in the tattooing (Please consult our professionals for any allergies you have)
- Candidate without any lotion or medicines applied to the area prior to the medical tattooing (Consult our professional for the issues related to any medicines used or skin lotions used)
Step 1: Cleaning
Washing the scar area before the tattooing begins is very crucial to remove any dust or other particles and to maintain a hygienic area for the procedure to begin.
Step 2: Consultation and choosing appropriate design and patterns for the scar
The most crucial and important part of the whole procedure is to select the design, pattern or style of the scar namely the design, art, size, colors and the length which is visible but not distracting to the visuals of the person looking at your face. If pigments are to be used to create the same skin tone around the area of the scar then the colors are to be analyzed perfectly.
Step 3: Assessment
One of our professional will inspect the skin around and on the area thoroughly for any issues or whether the skin is in a healthy state for the pigmentation.
Step 4: Medical Hygiene / Drawing a frame or design of the scar area
Our professional will clean the area using alcohol solution or other medical solution to clear off any germs or minute particles which cannot be seen by our naked eyes. Then the professional draws a basic layout of the actual pattern to be tattooed.
Step 5: Local Anesthesia
Before the tattooing begins a basic local anesthesia is injected near the area and few minutes is given to take effect which will have a numbing effect to reduce the pain caused while tattooing. This is very crucial as the area of the place of the tattooing needs pigments to be implanted and mixed with the skin which comes under the medical procedure.
Step 6: Tattooing or re-creating the spot as per consultation or images of other candidates
Using a tattoo gun or technological pen the color pigments which were created to match the color of tattoo or skin tone will be implanted in the area of the shape which was drawn. Tattooing process begins where the skin on the area is mixed with the color pigments which causes a small layer of the wound. After the healing of the wound or the skin regenerating itself, it gives the perfect looks and colors which you dreamed of. The whole process takes 30 to 40 minutes and 10 to 15 minutes of basic rest to the skin after the procedure to take effect.
Step 7: Finalizing the pattern
The pattern can be checked up after a few days or a week to understand if it needs any other attention or care and a checkup within a few days is suggested to avoid any more complication.
Corrections / Revisions
Vitiligo is a disease and usually grows at a very slow rate in conjunction with aging or other factors related to time ex. Excessive chemical usage on the skin is over time. If the candidate has taken a normal ink tattoo or fallen into some false advertisement about the treatment for vitiligo it happens that they are not satisfied or complete about their new colors of the skin or simply it fades very quickly. Maquillage provides an alternative to remove or upgrade your current cosmetic tattooing adding more time to the current problem with a new and a better result. Our professionals at Maquillage will guide you through all the stages and concepts of the services which you require the most. Several revisions can be done to collectively work on the areas of skin and provide the apt solution to your vitiligo problems unable to be solved by the other services or individual giving you the results which you always wanted.